This page is for customers only, installing Gift Aid Manager for the first time or upgrading to the latest version.
Gift Aid Manager v5.4 runs in Microsoft Access® 2016. In you already have this installed on you PC you just need to download the v5.4 database file, see below.
If you don't already have Microsoft Access® installed you can download the runtime edition of Microsoft Access® from Microsoft's website, click on the Access 2016 link below.
Approximate download time 5 minutes with a broadband connection.
Click the Download button and follow the instructions on screen, then return here to download the demonstration database file.
(requires Windows 7 or 8 or 10)
Select the 64-bit version (AccessRuntime_4288-1001_en-us.exe).
File size 3 MB.
Approximate broadband download time <2 minutes.
Instructions to install Gift Aid Manager version 5.4
1. Click the link above then click Open.
2. When the download has completed copy the GAMv5.4.accdb file to a folder on your PC or network, such as Documents, then click OK. Note: Do not save the file to the Program Files folder as data cannot be added to any files in this folder or sub folders.
3. Create a desktop shortcut by right clicking on the GAMv5.4.accdb file in Windows Explorer, then clicking Send to, Desktop (create shortcut).
4. To run the program double click on the desktop shortcut.
5. If the Security Warning bar is displayed, close the login form, by clicking on the X on the login form, then click Enable Content on the yellow Security Warning bar.
6. Enter the licence number supplied by Orchard Software and your charity name.
7. Login with the username and password advised by Orchard Software.
If you are upgrading from a previous version, follow the additional steps below.
8. Select Import Data from Previous Version from the Forms Menu.
9. Select the previous version's database file, e.g. GAMv5.3.accdb then verify that your charity name and address and previous version number are correct, then click on Import Data and your current data will be copied to the new version.
10. Review the What's new in version 5 help file for information on new features in this version.
It is recommended that you print several reports from the old and new versions of GAM and check that the totals agree, to check that the data has been correctly imported.
Once you are satisfied that the new data is correct, the old version should be kept as a backup, preferably in a different folder to prevent the wrong version being used by mistake.